Your new job: facilitate the best week of someone’s life, every day. Help us manage and operate beautiful boutique B&Bs in paradise, while making the world a better place.
The Círculo Initiative is a collection of for-purpose businesses serving the hospitality, tourism, organic food industries in Nicaragua. We operate these enterprises in tandem to regenerate human and environmental abundance. Reversing our entrenched system of consumption, we’re blown away as we continue to discover how one project’s trash is another’s treasure. The real magic of the Initiative lies within our people. We’re a mix of dreamers and doers, locals and foreigners, solo explorers and big families stretching from India to Australia to the Americas—a diverse group who believes that anything is possible in hot pursuit of regeneration. These people got soul. We’re curious stewards ensuring that our business ecosystem flows and grows as we invent the future. If all of this resonates with you, keep reading for job opportunities.
Manager: Boutique B&B
The principal function of this job is being the general manager at our Boutique B&Bs. Please note, all positions in our organization are highly dynamic and you will be asked to contribute with other Circulo Initiative projects. You will also work side by side with our entire team, as we are a big family of business that constantly supports each other.
5 days per week 8am-6pm
1 hr lunch every day 12pm-1pm
2 days off per week
- Receive guests (walk-ins and reservations), welcome them, offer water, share information about the house and encourage them to sign up for activities
- Answer all questions from guests, concerning the house, activities and transportation
- Chat with guests about their journeys, our stories, the Circulo Initiative and share our vision of a regenerative world with them
- Promote and book tours, activities, taxis, massages, yoga, etc. for guests upon request serving as a friend recommending. You are the local concierge.
- Must take responsibility of receiving money, recording receipt and including in daily archive report of income
- Ensure that all guest receive the best attention and leave with a happy experience
- Assist guest with check out
- Ensure they had a good stay
- Ensure they have transportation
- Ensure they have paid in full (room, activities, transport, laundry)
- Encourage to write a nice review
- Review & respond to reviews on booking.com and trip advisor daily. If necessary make changes according with this reviews, this is the best way to improve our service
- Conduct market research and propose innovative ideas for new ‘products’ and customer channels
- Be an ambassador of the Circulo Initiative and our for purpose family of businesses
- Manage reservations for Casa Andalucía, Nuestra Casa and Casa Oro responding to all inquiries within 1 hour of receipt
- Keep Nuestra Casa & Casa Oro front desk informed about new reservations
- Ensure all listings and booking engines are updated with current descriptions, photos and rates
- Ensure breakfast is served in a timely and efficient manner, help Camarera if necessary preparing plates/cooking
- Provide the Camarera & Guarda with the report of rooms checking-in, checking-out and any cleaning requests from guests. Ask guests if they would like their room to be cleaned.
- Proactively manage cleaning/maintenance staff to ensure they are fulfilling their checklists and have all the tools they need to complete their job
- Watering plants, tending to gardens
- Harvesting and processing herbs & vegetables
- Cleaning pools
- Checking for termites
- Routine preventive maintenance on buildings, plumbing, electricity, etc.
- Rooms prepared, sheets & towels washed
- Water filters full
- Checking for calcium buildup or otherwise in pipes
- Check rooms and common areas daily to make sure things are tidy and in place before new guest arrive
- Request help from Casa Oro Maintenance when needed
- Ensure all orders for materials (i.e.alcohol, food, breakfast, cleaning supplies, maintenance etc.) are placed in anticipation on the designated dates to respective purchasing staff at Casa Oro
- Ensure that all bills (i.e. water, electricity, cable, etc.) are delivered to Casa Oro Accounting
- Review guarda report from the night before daily and address any pending issues
- Efficiently solve any daily problems with guest, staff and house maintenance
We are looking for people who are eager to learn and grow with us. Some skills we hope for include:
- People management
- Team player
- Sociable- You’re a people person
- High level of empathy/emotional intelligence
- Basic understanding of accounting and bookkeeping
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Self starter able to make decisions on the fly with little direction
- Understanding of cultural influences toward staff and local community
- Experience in backpacking and/or international travel
- Ability to work with computers and technology fluently
- Can juggle between multiple tasks at any given time amidst a dynamic and constantly changing environment while staying cool and smiling
- Ability to be around party culture and maintain composure (i.e. not get lost in the party)
- Yoga teacher or creative professional (not required)
- Fluent Spanish and English, both verbal and written (Bonus points for extra languages)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Nothing is beneath me
- The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement
- No problems without solutions
- Live to Serve
- Holistic > Singular
- Nature teaches
- Travel cultivates transformational experience
- >85% average occupancy for houses
- Book >15 activities/tours per week
- Guests leave feeling fulfilled and taken care of
- Follow through to completion for all support tasks assigned by management
- Steward transformational experiences
We’re looking for someone who sees this opportunity as more than a job. We would value your contribution and offer a generous compensation package.
- Competitive local pay
- Free breakfast cooked in Casa Oro daily (space in your stomach permitting)
- Getting in on the ground floor of an audacious vision
- Free rides on Casa Oro shuttles (space permitting)
- Free tours/activities we offer or facilitate (space permitting)
- Rolling deep on a growing team of empowered collaborators with a bias towards action
In the body of the email, include brief (150 words maximum/question) answers to the following questions:
- Why do you deserve this opportunity?
- When have you gone above and beyond to solve a customer issue/complaint?
- What excites you most about tourism in Nicaragua?
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and the position needs to be filled immediately. There are two positions available. Don’t wait, apply today.